The Ins And Outs of Sorrento Weddings
Sorrento has always been a popular resort, located on the Sorrentine Peninsular (and not on Amalfi coast as many think). It’s a town with so much going on – famous for ceramics, lacework, marquetry. You must take a boat trip to the romantic island of Capri and a trip to the excavations of Pompei. Imagine a fun-filled few days with your families, enjoying the food, sight-seeing or just lounging round the pool after your unforgettable Sorrento wedding.
Let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of venue selection and some insightful advice on selecting your ideal venue as a magical setting for you and your partner.
From historical villas to luxurious hotels, each exuding its own charm and character.
- Identify your wedding style and vibe, whether it will be an intimate affair, or a grand celebration.
- Consider the seasons – Spring and early Summer offer pleasant weather and blooming landscapes while late Summer and early fall provide a warm golden ambiance.Avoid the heat of mid-July and August (unless you don’t mind it)
- Sorrento has historic hotels perched on cliff tops and the main civil ceremony venue is the San Francesco Cloisters in the centre of Sorrento, which is requested far ahead in time.If you would like a quieter venue then look to less well known locations up in the hills for a Boho rustic venue, or along the coast to Massa Lubrense for a beach wedding – and yes it’s possible to have both and be away from the main tourist areas in high-season. We can guide you on your choice with a simple wedding chat by checking Jayne’s Wedding agenda
- Sorrento has high demand during peak wedding season and its advisable to start your planning at least 12 – 18 months in advice to allow you to have your pick of venues and vendors, ensuring your wedding day dream unfolds seamlessly.Consider the shoulder seasons of late Spring or early Fall.
- As a spontaneous couple you could check for a last minute availability for a smaller intimate wedding or elopement in Italy, especially if it’s a symbolic ceremony.
- If you are flexible on type of ceremony, then there are venues where you can plan a personal meaningful symbolic ceremony and it gives you more scope – from a sea view terrace of a hotel, or a poolside ceremony, or an elopement on a boat.There are many ideas and we have the reliable support of excellent vendors to enable your ideas to come to life.
- Legal Civil unions can take place in the town hall venues (excluding the Cloisters) so look to Villa Fondi, or Museo Correale which are gorgeous ceremony venues.
- Elopements can be fun and romantic just for the two of you!We suggest you plan an active day but with extra special touches. A ceremony on a roof-top terrace, a boat trip along the coast or to the Island of Capri, with champagne on board of course, then an intimate and exclusive location to round off your day. Choose a local photographer who knows the best places to enjoy a fun photo-shooting and memories you keep forever.
- If you aren’t ready to say ‘I do’ then of course Sorrento is also ideal to organize your surprise marriage proposal – we can help you!
Receive your guide to Italian weddings!
We can’t wait to share the world of Italian Weddings with you, we have so many hints and tips on Italian culture and how to make your wedding authentic and unique. Casa Collina Events have planned over 500 weddings in Italy so we can guarantee you lots of helpful gems of information on your journey to your very special big day, no matter the size of your wedding. Sign up to our mailing list below to receive your guide.